Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Instant Karma (we all shine on)

Wayne dyer once said that how people treat you is their karma and how you react is yours. I wonder how many of you believe in the laws of karma. I very much do. Karma seems to keep things balanced, even and fair. Those of you who have never considered karma would not question why things happen. I do. I'm always astonished by the way it works though I have no idea how come it does.

Back in the days karma was all about the idea that what goes around comes around. For every event that occurs, there will follow another event whose existence was caused by the first. Nowadays the word karma is often followed by "is a bitch," and often regarded as those funny little moments of win in life. I think that every one of you has had moments like this. My best one yet was when I agreed when a cop asked if he could cut in front of me when the light turned green. As soon as we went through the light he turned on his lights and pulled over the guy in front of me who had cut me off at the last intersection. (Ain't karma a bitch?)

Most people do good deeds and call it karma. I ask, where is the karma? Don't get me wrong, it's not that doing good deeds is a bad thing, but karma is doing both good and bad.

In the past few weeks I have witnessed karma working twice. Not on me but on two other people. The message was clear to me; judgment is sure, and glory is possible; That as we sow, we reap; and that we are responsible not only for our own lives but also for the lives of all those we affect and who we can affect.
"well, we all shine on," Lennon sang, declaring that we cannot possibly be here to spend our lives suffering. So why do we limit ourselves to one small place, one role, when we are all made for greater things?


Just a little something to think about.

And remember - what goes around, comes around. Both ways.


Till later,


Whole lotta love.

2 comments:

  1. I'm waiting until karma works good on me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. start by being more productive. do not lose your passion and inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete