Thursday, May 13, 2010

I am the passenger

I'm Rachel. you can call me that, you can call me "RayRay," "Rach," "Rachie Cakes," or just about anything, as long as it's not "Kumkwat," though I do love oranges.

I can now say that I am the passenger (and I ride and I ride...) My journey began years ago when I arrived at New Jersey, completely ready to pursue my dream of becoming an architect. I was excited to be moving far away from my hometown in Israel, eager to experience bigger and better things, and thrilled to begin the adventure of a new life on my own in a foreign country.

Here I am. I've been living here for 4 years, and guess what? I love this fucking place! I have to ask myself: how long will it be before I’m “from around here”? Well, in the strictest terms, maybe never. Maybe I will always look at this place with an eye from the outside, but frankly, that doesn’t bother me. I think it will only help me love my new home more.

Well, what else is there to say? I'm 25. I'm an architecture student. I love my family (aka "the Heb Squad") and friends. I've never been in a very serious relationship. I drink. A lot. I'm a capricorn. I don't believe in astrology, but the profile of capricorn is frighteningly accurate of me. Music runs in my blood. I have a serious penguin fixation. I'm a night person, and wish I hadn't had a thing of importance to do during the days. I'm creative. Some people see things as they are and say why. I dream things that never were and say why not? I'm actually kind of a jerk. Sarcasm is just one more service I offer, which makes me an ass, but everyone loves me for that. I can't complain, but sometimes I still do. I'm stubborn. My idea of an agreeable person is a person who agrees with me. I put the pro in procrastination. I laugh at my own jokes because I'm hilarious. I tend to smile.


In an effort to keep this post short that's all I really have to say.
I'm me and very well may be you.


Till later,

Whole lotta love.

6 comments:

  1. "...My idea of an agreeable person is a person who agrees with me..."
    lots of love!!

    who's your daddy..?!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey girl
    finaly ha?
    מברוק on the new blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. way overdue! :)

    I wanna thank all of you who follow and read my posts. I've been getting amazing feedback from y'all (just start commenting here jerks :))

    whole lotta love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go girl! You sound like a real artist and a charging rhino...lol...been into the rhino analogy lately. Keep in touch and keep posting. And most of all...keep following your dreams...Nelda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Life is tough and families can be such a pain but we seem to keep moving on and loving it. Keep blogging :)

    ReplyDelete