Saturday, June 12, 2010

Once in a Lifetime

There are some things that you have to do once in your life. No, I don’t mean the classics like getting a good job, a big house, a spouse and kids, but a list of things that aren’t as widely spoken of, yet still have an everlasting impact on your life. Example of such things are living abroad – check, go to a rave – check, staying awake all night under the stars – check, throwing a drink in someone’s face – check, having the balls to quit a job you hate – check, having sex in a submarine – check, going on a spontaneous road trip with your best friend – check, absolutely absurd, ridiculous, and offensive drunken behavior… yes, it’s not secret that I like to get my drink on, but unlike most people, booze is actually my BFF. But when partying like a rockstar, expect to have a truly terrible day at work the next day. Can you say “epic hangover?”

The beginning of the night before started out as fun as they all do, however it quickly turned to the blurriness of the booze. Don't remember doing anything stupid, but of course friends being the friends that they are revel in their own booze-induced haze.

Without getting into too much detail, highlights of the night included me trying to convince this old guy, “my new best friend,” that I was a penguin, and teaching him new techniques on how to drink with a beak.

I woke up the day after at my best friend’s dorm. I started crawling down the stairs towards my car wearing an oversized t-shirt on top of my dress and nice black pumps, only to discover that it was parent’s weekend and everyone were in the building’s entrance. As I attempted to cautiously stubble in the door, a mother looked at her daughter and said "That’s what you call the walk of shame, honey." This was the precise moment that I said to myself “never again, never!”

Till later,

Whole lotta love.

3 comments:

  1. LOL Gave me a good laugh. On the bright side if you cant remember what you did the night before you wont be embarrassed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha agreed. "Whatever I did when I was drunk didn't happen if I say I can't remember it!"

    ReplyDelete