Saturday, August 7, 2010

I hate the way that you are so sarcastic

I’m sarcastic. Almost everything that comes out of my mouth is sarcasm. I can’t help it; it is built in my DNA. Sometimes, something I may mean in a sarcastic manner may be seen as being just plain mean. I’m sure I’ve taken it far from time to time, but I try to make sure to make fun of myself as much as I make fun of anything else, and I guess that's my little way of justifying it, but some of you just don't go for that kind of humor… and that's of course your right, and I respect that.

My circle of closest friends knows that sarcasm just rolls off my tongue. Even if it doesn’t come with a wink and a smile, they know I mean well. I won't ever cross the line because I know my boundaries but hey - everyone is different. Just let me know what offends you, and I will stop and won't go that far the next time around. If you do not have a sense of humor, or if you insist on taking yourself very seriously, our "friendship" will probably fizzle out...

I simply don’t have any desire to surround myself with people who take themselves so seriously that they get offended by every single statement that comes out of my mouth and is so obviously ridicule that even a chimp could understand that it is just a joke. And as for people thinking I’m an ass…I probably am, and I therefore find others’ opinion of my character to be quite fucking irrelevant.

So, you have a choice. Lighten up and enjoy being my friend, or go do something else with your time and come back when you get over yourself.

Till later,
Whole lotta love.

2 comments:

  1. I love your sarcasm...Its a breath of fresh air..I love the way you call things the way you see them, and dont sugar coat or soup people up...Hey! I miss that,...

    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joe! I definitely miss you. How is NJCU treating you?

    ReplyDelete